Welcome to Silver Mountain, land of breathtaking views and award-winning premier wines. Our winery and vineyards are set high in the mountains, overlooking the beautiful Monterey Bay.
Silver Mountain Vineyards’ fine wines are distinguished by the following traits:
- Handcrafted, using the best of old world traditions and new world science.
- Organically grown in harmony with mother nature.
- Produced in small lots of premium wine that capture delicate nuances of flavor.
- Made with a passion for quality, complexity, purity and richness of flavor - this is the heart of Silver Mountain.
Silver Mountain’s Organic, Sustainable
In keeping with ‘Mother Nature’ since Silver Mountain’s inception 30 years ago.
and Green Practices
about Silver Mountain's certified organic estate vineyard
and our sustainable vineyard practices.
Silver Mountain’s ‘Triple Green’ installation includes a 6000sf roof and 46kw solar array - one of the largest solar arrays in the Santa Cruz Mountains. It supports three major ‘green’ benefits. Read more here
Extra! Extra! Read All About It!
- “Silver Mountain’s Syrah, a ‘very sexy’ wine” ,by Josie Cowden, Santa Cruz Good Times, 13 Feb., 2014
- “Los Gatos winemaker’s storage tanks fill as rain falls”, by Donna Jones, Santa Cruz Sentinel, 11 February, 2014
- “Sipping Sustainably”, by Justine DaCosta, Santa Cruz Sentinel, 19 May, 2013
Featuring the sustainable and organic practices of Silver Mountain.
- “Syrah 2007: A desirable red wine for Valentine’s Day”, by Josie Cowden, Santa Cruz Good Times, 12 February, 2013
- “Silver Mountain’s 2010 Rosé of Pinot Noir: Think Pink!”, by Josie Cowden, Santa Cruz Good Times, 10 April, 2012
- “Silver Mountain’s 2006 Alloy”, by Josie Cowden, Santa Cruz Good Times, 27 December, 2011
- “Environmental Evolution Cover Stories: Wine for the Green-Minded”, by Elizabeth Limbach, Santa Cruz Good Times, 25 May, 2011
- “Epicure. On Silver Mountain.” By Christina Waters, Santa Cruz Weekly, May 19, 2010.
- Silver Lining Shines on Santa Cruz Mountains Winery Mother Nature helps a local winemaker make his mark. by Monique Soltani, Scotts Valley Patch, March 9, 2011
- “Discover: Surf City Vintners” By Mary Lindsay, Vine Times, June/July, 2010.
- “Carve Your Own Trail in the Santa Cruz Mountains”, San Jose Mercury News, 26 August, 2009
- “Solar array provides energy, shade and harvests rainwater”, Santa Cruz Sentinel, 22 August, 2009
- Silver Mountain Vineyards Goes to 100% Solar Energy, Environmental Leader, July 6, 2009
- Akeena Solar Converts Silver Mountain Vineyards to 100 Percent Solar Energy: Press Release, July 1, 2009
Also see story on SolarServer.com
- Santa Cruz Mountains winemaker living his dream, Examiner.com, 14 May, 2009
- The Varied Pinots of the Santa Cruz Mountains, San Jose Mercury News, April 15, 2009
- Silver Mountain Vineyards: Heavenly Views, Incredible Wines by Carole Ehrler, Wine Country This Week, March 8, 2008
- See more on our Press page
Introducing: Pinot - Only Wine Club, the ‘Flying Aces’ Club
Featuring the Pinot Noirs of both Silver Mountain and Sonnet Wine Cellars
Get some of the best Pinot on the planet with our new Pinot - only Wine Club. Combine two masters of wine magic, the poet and the pilot, Tony Craig of Sonnet and Jerold O’Brien of Silver Mountain, and this wine club puts poetry into flight. This is the only Wine Club for Sonnet, and the only way to get Sonnet Pinots shipped to your door!
Our Tasting Rooms
- Winery Tasting Room Open!
Saturday afternoons, 12-17:00.
At other times by appointment - please call or email.
Member, The Summit Wineries group
- Surf City Tasting Room in Santa Cruz Open
for tasting Thursday through Sunday, 12:00 - 17:00.
Member, Surf City Vintners
- Wine With Heart
Friday, 12 September
- Capitola Art & Wine Festival
Saturday & Sunday, 13 & 14 September
- Taste of Los Gatos
Sunday, 21 September
- Gourmet Grazing on the Green
Saturday, 27 September
- Harvest Festival at Silver Mountain – an Event with The Summit Wineries
Saturday, 4 October
- More Events...
- 2008 Pinot Noir, Tondré Grapefield:
Gold Medal, Pacific Rim Wine Competition; Silver Medal, Riverside Wine Competition
- 2008 Pinot Noir, Muns Vineyard:
Gold Medal, Best of Show, Pacific Rim Wine Competition; Silver Medal, New World Int'l. and Riverside Wine Competitions; Bronze Medal, California State Fair
- 2007 Alloy:
Gold Medal, Pacific Rim Wine Competition; Bronze Medal, Riverside Wine Competition
- See more accolades
We sell Annieglass wine- and servewear
See Silver Mountain on